Book #7 for 2016
PopSugar Challenge Categories:
– A book about a culture you’re unfamiliar with
– A book that takes place on an island
Personal Challenge Categories:
– The first book in a series
– A book with feminist themes
– A book about an ancient artifact
– A book about superpowers
I’m so glad that this book lived up to my expectations. Beyond that, it is a little hard to know what to say about it. I feel like it would be spoilery to tell you with any specificity what I enjoyed about it, simply because I want you to have the same thrill of discovery that I had while reading it. So I hope you will forgive me for being hopelessly vague and praising Schwab’s skill at characterization and world-building. Okay, I’ll be specific enough to tell you that I love Lila Bard, Kell’s amazing coat, and the rich linguistic diversity.
But seriously, just get the book and read it.